Monday, May 28, 2012

One More Before I Succumb to Sleep

After I complete this entry, I will be at twenty-six blogs. This will be the fifteenth I've written tonight. I am not going to make it to 2 AM like I
-----

I did fall asleep last night before making it to 2 AM. That was what I had written, my laptop was still in my lap. What did I learn yesterday? Among the more obvious things, I learned that I've been tackling my AP Lang blog all the wrong way. Each blog entry I wrote in term one and term two was an intricate craftwork by me, built around a novel idea, full of clever word play and built with a complex essay structure. I was proud of these blogs, but I never even made it close to thirty entries, which is how many we're supposed to end each term with. Now I'm learning to play the game. At least, starting to.

There were few people that put the hours and work into their blog that I did, yet I never made it close to my required term totals. People would slap together the most half-hearted entries about the most ridiculous things, often just resorting to movie reviews and the like, and they would easily attain an "A" while doing one fifth of the work and effort I put forth. Now, my approach this year was no one's fault but my own, but there's also an issue with this grading scale. There needs to be some sort of balancing "quality" evaluation to create in addition to the thirty blog quota; because this is going to be the first term I actually reach said quota, and I promise I learned a lot more about writing skills my first two terms.

With that being said, the fact that I entered yesterday with around ten blogs published is absolutely inexcusable. I'm not trying to discount the fact, actually, I spent most of the night loathing it in blog form. It's impossible to justify my approach to this class, or academics in general, but as an expert shifter of blame, I will note that changes should be made to this grading scale in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment